PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VLJs again
Thread: VLJs again
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2009, 10:18
No RYR for me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Better than my job at Netjets thanks
Wow, didnt know we had a operation in South Africa before!

(laying off another 500 pilots and losing $ 1 000 000 a day)
Yes and our share holder is not happy about it, but he has something substantial: Funding

But getting back on the VLJ topic: what about the 2800 orders for Eclipse
I'm sorry if you guys dont like the facts but the order book says it all.
Also who are the other BIG orders?? The only one I have faith in is the October 2006 order of.... Avantair and maybe Executive Air Share

Lets face it:
  • -air taxi start-up JetBird for 56 Phenom 100s, with options for another 44: funding problems
  • -an undisclosed European leasing agent (10 aircraft) No news
  • -Eagle Creek Aviation Services in Indianapolis (12 airplanes); Aircraft trader that hoped to sell the positions on
  • -Gold Aviation Services of Fort Lauderdale (five airplanes and options for another 10) Management company that hoped to jump on the fractional bandwagon with Eclipses and Embraers
  • -Magnum Jet of Houston (50 and options for 50 more) FBO that hoped to start up, even the website died
  • -Wondair, a fractional and charter operator in Valencia, Spain (24 airplanes and options for an additional 10).Unknown if they received any yet
  • -Jet Suite Financing Shortfalls

Now for the avoidance of doubt: I think that the aircraft is a great aircraft! I just dont believe the pink glasses of some people.... There is a market however it is substantial smaller than all the large new buyers from outside our industry believe