PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zambia requires 1000 hours even for a 172 job
Old 22nd Nov 2009, 07:27
Journey Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I draw your attention to the title: Zambia requires 1000 hours even for a 172 job

How many singles in Zambia? Not that many. A few Caravans, but those are crewed by guys with 1000+. Zamfari? Gone. And they used 152/172 primarily for training. Staravia? Yes, a 210. How many twins? Most of the charter fleet in Zambia. Relevance is a bitch, right?

Originally Posted by Wyle E Coyote
...either that or you've just realised how absurd your suggestion is.
What suggestion? You'll see I've not edited any of my posts, not changed anything. Post up whatever 'suggestion' I've made.

Originally Posted by Wyle E Coyote
Maybe you think the best place for a new pilot is in the right seat of a jet, stabbing the execute button when he doesn't yet have the basic handling skills to hand fly the aircraft while he undoes the mess he's just created in the box? (and before you ask, yes. I've seen that too)
Where do I say that? And frankly, I don't have any pedagogic experience on which to base that opinion. Seems to have worked well for years though via the company sponsorship system? Maybe the RHS of a Caravan is a good place to learn the myriad of tasks required of a charter pilot. It's not purely stick and rudder - that's one part of the operation.

I don't really understand why you insist on making so many assumptions to validate your posts. Can you explain?