PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continually failing RAF Fitness Test.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2009, 01:29
Airborne Aircrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vin Rouge:

Oh, I have plenty. I dont need to run 9.10 on the bleep test to prove it. And since when was physical ability defined by the bleep test? Want to guess as to Jonah Lomu's highest score?

55 situps in a min, 65 pressups, sub 10:30 1.5 mile time, yet struggle with the bleep test due to the turns due to weak knees and a lower back injury that I am not exactly going to fess up to the rafmeds (loyalty to the service and not wanted to get downgraded for ops is really getting repaid hey?) And now I am potentially going to face admin action as a result of a flawed system. Great.
You, Sir, are not the problem... Respect... There are exceptions that prove rules, I'm quite sure you are one.

I agree that the system is flawed - that the beep test is an arbitrary test that, without doubt, is discriminatory against the older and/or heavier men and women. In today's military the ability to prove one's level of fitness in one's own way should be most important - flexibility and all that. Some people work better under some conditions; others under other conditions.

Why does the RAF think they can pigeonhole everyone into a single "corporate" package?

Oh, sorry... Never mind...