PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ferrying a Plane from USA to Sydney - Any tips?!
Old 21st Nov 2009, 20:44
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Personally I wouldn't fly SE anywhere like that but each to their own. The older you get the smarter you get. Still having said that aviation is all about risks, calculated risks & as that saying goes..........chance favours the prepared mind.............

As 'XXX' said & some others I think said take plenty of $US green backs, a lot of the Pacific Is. are broke & bribery is rife.
Obviously you will be taking all the survival gear you can muster inc Sat Ph. You can call yr lawyers with one of these great devices & set up a live one on one arrangement for a new will whilst yr treading water with the sharks wondering whether to eat you raw or wait a while 'till you soften up..............oh no that's crocs like that I think:-)

Anyway great luck to you & yr friend, life without risk is not life at all

Wmk2:-)

p.s..............Norfolk Is is a "safe" place for a ditching I hear, high probability of survival & there's already a new aviation museum there you could add to if you needed to park yr new shinny plane off airport, trouble is it's hundreds of feet below the water!!!!!

Last edited by Wally Mk2; 21st Nov 2009 at 21:31.