PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continually failing RAF Fitness Test.
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2009, 19:22
Easy Street

Received 78 Likes on 35 Posts
Our stn gym has been pretty maxed out since the RAFFT became a 6-monthly event. They therefore instigated a very sensible policy (IMHO) of extending the currency to 12 months if you passed all three elements of the test at the "Light Blue" level. I put in a bit of work on press-ups (not bothered about being 'ripped', so my weakest event) and was very pleased to achieve "Light Blue" in all 3 a few months back.

So it was with much annoyance that I recently found out that they have now changed their minds, and said that anyone who's deployable (surely everyone on my stn?) has to do it 6-monthly, regardless of "Light Blue" attainment or not.

I think that a lot of the whinging about the RAFFT stems not from fat / lazy / unfit people; rather, it comes from those who are tired of the goalposts continually moving on all the pre-deployment stuff we have to go through. I've done 6 deployments in 6 years, and the hoop-jumping requirements have been different every single time (not just fitness tests, but IRT/CCS etc). Please can someone make their minds up? It's not like the demands on us have changed massively over the last few years!