PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - company policy during take off
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2009, 16:36
lomapaseo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
alf5071h

As an industry we need to think at lot more about our procedures, why they are written and how they can or might be followed.
Today 09:02
Spot on to all that you said above

IMO the thought process must be thorough first at the manufacturer, second at the operator and last at the pilot. I don't mean to take anything away from sound descision making but in the heat of the stress the pilot is less able to make decisons other than by specific rote or training. I even call into question the ability to make sound decisions from simply reading what we post here on PPRune.

Thus I point first to anything the manufacturer has said as being the basis of sound decision making, and as always follow what the procedures are as written by your company in the cockpit. If you are of a mind to do your own decision making in 1-2 sec time periods in takeoff regimes then you ought to have at least vetted these with your other crew members.

It is far easier for the safety offices to correct a procedural issue then to correct an individual error in judgement.