PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignations
Thread: EK Resignations
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2009, 11:36
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with you Flare, our rostering is atrocious. Last month I did the maximum night duties in a given week, plus I did 2 variations (max 4 are allowed, which is insane) and then they inserted a DOH midnight turn in the middle of my days off. To top it all off, I only got ONE layover and that was a ULR. Magically I did 80 hours flying plus 2 Reserve Days. FOOK THAT ****E! (7 days off in total too)

By the end of the month, I didn't know what was up and what was down, let alone what day of the week it was.

On one return sector at 11am after a delayed departure (yet apparently within limits before discretion.... India turn) neither the F/O or me was talking sense during the descent. Sadly, I missed altitude calls as PF and he missed repeated R/T calls and then barely answered with a semblance of SOP's. It was a disaster waiting to happen, but fortunately another good weather day in DXB and not too much traffic.

I can understand the Triple7 dudes not understanding how things could be so bad on the BUS, but it is true.

Finally decided to fire off the CV. Happy with my lot in life, but oh so sad to finally realize something bad is going to happen soon at EK...... and it might involve ME !!! You just don't know anymore!

I feel so fortunate working for Emirates Airline! Just wish my life expectancy was not reducing so fast.

Last edited by mensaboy; 21st Nov 2009 at 23:03.