PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A question about teaching flying.
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2009, 10:37
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here I can teach things such as sea plane ratings, instrument ratings, multi engine ratings and of course tail wheel flying and type ratings without having to spend the money for the frontal lobotomy I would need to go through the process of renewing my flight instructors rating.
There is no difference between Europe and the UK /Canada in that respect.

In both cases, your "instruction" would count for zero against the minimum instruction required to be received from a qualified instructor before being allowed to take the test for the IR.

The difference comes in other areas - like the minimum training requirementas to get an IR and how flight time can be logged.

Just like in Canada, Mr A (a PPL) can have Mr B another PPL with zero other ratings teach them how to fly on instruments. They can do as many hours training they like. At the end, Mr A might be able to perfectly meet the requirements in terms of skill, they can fly all the procedures etc etc (all under the hood of course).

However, just like in Canada, Mr A is going to have to go through the legal minimum training with a qualified instructor before they can do the test and get the rating.

So the difference is not really in instructor qualifications / approvals - it lies elsewhere in the overall system.

because in another thread he got all bent out of shape about hand held GPS's and the rules on how to mount them...sad really because it makes me nervous wondering how many more there like that out there that have that gene in their make up.
Please read what I said again.

I never said that I personally had an issue with GPS's floating round the cockpit. I did say that should the Aviation Authority be invited to sit in the cockpit for a demonstration of GPS use using a handheld then for a number of reasons (one being a basic airworthiness rule) they could find a problem. Therefore as I very clearly pointed out, what might be thought of as solving one problem could actually create a bigger one. i.e. let sleeping dogs lie!