PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Haddon-Cave, Airworthiness, Sea King et al (merged)
Old 21st Nov 2009, 08:40
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SPH, I know some of those mentioned, well at least one to my knowledge, is regarded as a good guy. Problem is, for far too long MoD culture has gotten away with decision making that has resulted in loss of life. In recent years it has been relatively low risk regarding the possibility of being accounted for. H-C has blown that wide open. As I stated before, his devastating critique has given prosecution lawyers something of a slam dunk case. My sympathy for the individuals is limited. They knew they were playing musical chairs, the music stopped and they happen to be in the firing line. They are also alive, which is more that can be said for the 14 crewmen sent to their deaths.

I welcome the idea of court cases. You touched on the fact that they might sing like canaries when the pressure is on and the very real possibility of a stretch inside is staring them in the face. We need the full story. Certainly one very senior person probably couldn't believe his luck when he didn't get a mention by H-C. I suspect the reluctance of some of those mentioned to fully cooperate/recall will change when they are placed in the dock.

Perhaps someone else can help me out? The recently announced QQ inquiry. Will it be published? Or will the results be covered up?