PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Working on the A380
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2009, 23:44
PlaneGuy013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pax view of QF A380 vs 747 cabin crew

It is an interesting read, to see the different unions view on each other merits in this post. I just thought I'd add a Pax's view on the merits of the various crews.

Firstly this year I have flown an equal mix of 747/A380 and equal mix of Business and Economy, and frankly my verdict is hands down - A380 cabin crew are FAR superior to the B747 crews. Hmm, it seems as though they are the cheaper crews too - so I guess QF isn't getting what they pay for.

1. Professionalism; None of the 380 crew were sitting in their seats, sending text messages during landing - even if the phone is approved for use during landing. None of the A380 crew were having shouted conversations during landing about how others in the company earn more than them (ie one Crew was sitting at the left door, the other at the right door.)

2. Customer Service - it was darn hard to get decent service with the 747 crews - even when in Business. Everything was too much trouble, like a bottle of water. The A380 staff seemed a lot happier to be there, and gave service with a smile.

3. Safety - My infant daughter is a rather well travelled girl - probably 16 flights in 8 months.The A380 were the most attentive in making sure we understood how the seatbelts work, and importantly what the brace/emergency actions were for us with our daughter. One of the 747 crews didn't even to bother to ask us if we had used the infant belt before, nor if we knew how to operate the bassinet.

This is just a few examples, but the overall experience between the 747 crews and the A380 crews clearly weighs in the A380s favour.