PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unemployed and Underground ...
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2009, 15:04
av8r76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It took me 10 yrs between my first solo and first flight as a paid crewmember. Thats the deal you sign when you first sit in that 152. Your skills are so narrow and focused that alternative comparable employment is just not possible. I didn't save a dime in those 10 years cos all the money earned was to pay back to flying fees AND keeping my license current for that whole decade.Took every job imaginable in those 10 yrs to keep the ball rolling and all the while kept myself employable. Took a couple of road trips (not in India) trying to put a face to the name on a faxed/emailed/posted resume all to no avail.

Things suck right now as they did 10-13 yrs ago and granted the numbers were much lesser but whining about no jobs is not gonna get you anywhere.

The airlines are not stupid. These outfits are run by ruthless beancounters who... within a heartbeat will show the expats the door if it was possible.

Expat nos are declining and will continue to do so but getting all P2's upto par is not an overnight feat and requires time and maturity on part of the training system and the trainees.

There is no quickfix solution to this dilemma.... even if all the expats were gone tomorrow only a third of the pool will get a job... what about the rest?

Don't blame Yash/hash/para/gara for your current state. These businesses are exactly that... businesses out to make a buck at your expense. It is up to you, the consumer, to filter out the (mis)information thrown at you and make a sound financial decision based on rational, logical thinking... not on some hustler portraying flights of fancy and fat paychecks.

With severe overcapacity at present and no end in sight to the bleeding bottomlines, only those prepped for the long haul will survive the rat race. If you chose this line only to make money, I'm sorry to say you will not see the inside of a cockpit ever. For those who have done it out of passion will hopefully see this to the end.

Good luck to all.