PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A question about teaching flying.
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2009, 14:50
Chuck Ellsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW....how did you Brits get so swamped with rules and regulations?

Reading all that makes me wonder if one has to go to school to learn all the different kinds of licenses you need over there.

Thankfully we here in Canada have not been driven down to that level of regulation yet, mostly because of the inherent inertia that is the corner stone of bureaucracy which prevents our drones from making changes to anything in their world.

Here I can teach things such as sea plane ratings, instrument ratings, multi engine ratings and of course tail wheel flying and type ratings without having to spend the money for the frontal lobotomy I would need to go through the process of renewing my flight instructors rating.

I worked for some years in England but I was insulated from all the stuff that you people are bent over with by your regulators because I was flying a US registered airplane and only had to worry about flying.

By the way bose-x I note you mentioned DFC, I kind of wondered if he was your benchmark for slavery to rules over there because in another thread he got all bent out of shape about hand held GPS's and the rules on how to mount them...sad really because it makes me nervous wondering how many more there like that out there that have that gene in their make up.

Anyhow thanks for the info bose-x it makes me feel that Canada is not all that bad a place after all.