PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL / MEIR instructing as a long term career?
Old 20th Nov 2009, 12:42
Foz2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPL / MEIR instructing as a long term career?

Hi

I was after some advice on whether people think that CPL / MEIR instructing is a viable career in the long term? ie, is the MPL going to kill off the industry of training people on light twins on their way to a FATPL?

I have a PPL and about 200 hours and absolutely love flying. I also love teaching and helping people - so it seems the ideal career ( in theory!). I used to be keen on the idea of airline flying, but the lifestyle (or lack of) doesn't really appeal anymore.

Any comments / advice would be greatly appreciated. Would also really help if someone could give me an idea of potential earnings of a CPL/MEIR instructor and how long it might take to get to that stage - ie how long roughly on PPL instructing / then CPL / then MEIR etc. I know it is a 'how long is a peice of string' type question, but would like to draw on other people's experiences if possible.

Also, do the likes of Oxford / CCAT ( because they are so airline orientated)require airline experience for their MEIR instructors?

Thanks very much in advance.

Foz2