PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Pending clearance??
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2009, 11:31
triadic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mach; I believe we are on common ground with all of this.... however over a decade of saying the planned level on departure it has never caused a problem that I am aware of. If ATC cant give you a CNCE then I understand they are obliged to give you the "remain outside etc' verbage (to cover the bot so to speak!)

You are correct in that many of the procedures were "composed" with a particular sector of the industry in mind - we hump the results! (either way)

My main beef is that very few pilots actually "understand" the ATC/ATS/Airways system and how it works, or is meant to work. If they did, then I suggest that much of this discussion would not take place!! Why is this so?? Well my guess is that they are not taught it by someone that knows. Experience shows that instructors and training captains are not the ones to teach this. Problem is that CASA thinks they are!!

Who teaches the teachers?? Formally I don't believe anyone does, hence most of the problems/issues in this thread. Have you ever tried to correct the teaching of a senior training captain or a CFI?? The bow wave they create is just too large to influence without help from the regulator - but then they are mostly former training captains and instructors !! and so the circle goes round.... blah!!

Another red required.... g'nite