PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2009, 11:02
Georgo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys,
I haven't had a chance to check this thread in a while and it seems there has been a lot of repeat threads posted on here. For anyone wanting to know anything specific about the recruitment process, have a look back through this thread first. This thread is incredibly helpful but show some imitative and don't take the easy option.
This may help you in the future if you do get to OTS as I can attest to. I'm in my 6th week and to say it has been full on would be an understatement. You need to be on the ball all the time and people that take the easy option are found out very easily.
As for young guys and gals not sure about DEO or ADFA options - Don't listen to all the rumours that they wont take anyone to that is to young for DEO. There are 9 pilots on our intake, and 4 of them are under 20. Two of them are only 18 and they are holding there own very well. Be confident about your ability and show you are ready to work your ass off. On the other hand, ADFA isn't a bad idea if you know there are a few qualities you need to work on, and you get a degree at the same time.
Not sure about the intakes for next year but I'd have to agree with Ryano that there seems to be a lot of guys that have gone through recently and with not many leaving. I went to FSP with Ryano and he has great knowledge of not only the ADF but the requirements and the processes as well, well worth listening to!!
All the best for everyone going through the recruitment process at the moment!