PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignations
Thread: EK Resignations
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2009, 08:59
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Likely about 60 pilots have departed this year, which is quite high considering the present climate of job availability. Regardless of the reasons why people are leaving, it would be foolish for EK not to address the issue, especially considering they budgeted for 20 pilot resignations this year.

I personally know a few more who are going to leave in the coming months and that trend will continue. If jobs open up around the world, then it is predictable that resignations will dramatically increase.

This is not good news for EK and it is not good for the remaining pilots at EK. Recruitment will be slow to react, we will be required to work even more (if that is possible) and thanks to the foolish management style of Emirates Airline, the remaining pilots will suffer the consequences.

Predictions for 2010?
-further alterations to the ever changing upgrade policy (negative for the vast majority of F/O's)
-more pleas from management to 'recommend' pilots for recruitment
-a change to 'hiring' requirements, such as total hours, type etc
-further rostering manipulations (this is a BIG ONE)
-a rapid increase in valid sickness rates and fatigue issues
-scraping the bottom of the barrel in an attempt to satisfy recruitment needs
-management pilots being required to actually fly pairings (bad news for those who have to sit next to them in the cockpit)
-more pathetic attempts from management to appear like they are concerned for our well-being (TCAS is already doing this occasionally during grd school sessions)
-less availability of contractual Leave allotment... already happening
-upgrades occuring 'out of seniority'... already happening
-the dreaded DEC policy put back into full force

I have a suspicion next year is going to get ugly at EK. Hope i'm wrong.