PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas mainline:Where to from here ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2009, 23:03
StallBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a few Questions that need to be answered by Qantas.

What planes do they need in the future and when are they going to place some orders to replace the 747's.
As it looks very unlikely that the 787 will fly this decade or even next decade what areas of the world does Qantas see itself flying too and with what aircraft.

Does Qantas management see the A380 replacing their fleet of 747"s. The 380 is a good aircraft but very inflexible with size and load for most of the destinations Qantas flies to now and seems only able to operate to the USA and Europe.

Recently I did a trip to Buenos Aires with Qantas and would say both flights were as good as any I have experienced with any airline in the world even SA but my last flight from Los angeles to Melbourne was a total disaster if it wasn't so funny we would have cried all the way.

I do feel that as the 747's are retired Qantas will gradually become the "Queensland and northern territory air service" with shrinking routes and no passengers.

Let us hope with Jeff gone some smart decisions will be made, it really would be sad to see Australia with so many people flying overseas every day without a national carrier!!!