PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2009, 21:22
Seat62K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was recently looking through the Spanish airport operator AENA's consolidated timetable for Madrid and noticed that it showed a scheduled easyJet flight (EZY5474) to Stansted - on a Saturday, departing 0730 - but no other easyJet flights to Stansted or any at all from Stansted to Madrid.

My immediate thoughts were: Has easyJet been operating from Madrid to Stansted without my knowing?!; How odd to operate a route in one direction only and with only one flight a week!

After giving it some consideration I have concluded that this flight may have to do with rotating the 319 fleet at the Madrid base for maintenance purposes and that seats were probably not sold on these flights. Either that or there were errors in the AENA timetable.

I ought to add that this timetable was for the summer season and so it is impossible now to check on easyjet.com whether it was possible to buy seats on these flights. The operational dates given by the AENA publication were 4 April to 24 October.

Can anyone throw light on this?

P.S. The timetable shows Luton-Madrid as a 737 operation - except on Saturdays when it was a 319. So presumably, this replaced the 319 which would have flown to Stansted earlier in the day. Why Stansted and not Gatwick or Luton......?

Last edited by Seat62K; 19th Nov 2009 at 21:33.