PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Weakest Link?
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2009, 20:40
protectthehornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wilyflier

thank you for understanding what "FLARE RESERVE" is. I am always amazed that people in our brief history of airplane flight (coming up on 106 years now), that they haven't bothered to go back to the beginning and try to touch on just about everything in flying.

But some people don't even make allowences for upslope or downslope on landing, or a myriad of things that would take too long to discuss here. (their landings show it)

Wily, I know you know the type...they learn enought to pass a test and that's the end of their learning. and woe to them for sure! Like those folks who don't know why the right hand turn is standard in holding.

Or that there are jokes out there in the world of morse code identifiers like the ILS at SFO...the --.- the last letter of one of the runways...also the rhythmic value of the first notes of "San Francisco, Open your Golden Gate"

I've learned alot from people who have never flown a jet...like the C46 pilot who said: NEVER TOUCH anything too shiny on a plane...like a switch...because it is not a wellworn switch and you better know what it does before you hit it.

So all of you out there...why not go back to kitty hawk/kill devil hills and start your learning all over from the start. its only 106 years or so...its not like you are learning the history of english speaking countries.