PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Training in Florida - an honest View
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2009, 20:33
destinationsky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can i just make my intentions clear and feel free to refer to my first post.
I didnt open this thread to be the referee in slagging matches. Quite the opposite. I began this thread to offer my opinion on learning to fly in the States as opposed to here in the UK with the intention of others then offering their opinions on the matter. NOT, i hasten to add, for people to start playing down others views. An opinion is an opinion and regardless of whether you agree or not, please respect what other people say.

Chobito, i have no idea about the ATPL course as i have yet to do it.

EIflyer - Chobito probably wrote about his graduation or whatever it was due to his culture or maybe he is just proud? i dunno but im sure its a culture thing - please respect it.

Ryan5252 - i paid $8000 for the training. inc flights + visa, that works out to be £5800ish. My local clubs are approaching £8k.

I loved flying in the US. The people are friendlier. No PPR required, no landing fees at any airports (except the large ones im sure!) no wearing a hi-viz to cover somebody else's backside, cheap fuel and did i mention nicer people?!
on the flip side, i love flying in this country too. the scenery is much nicer with hills and other geographical features which Florida lacks.
I have every intention in going back there to do more flying.
I felt that flying in the States was good experience. i have more of an understanding of other nationalities airspace and how it can differ to our own. Its all adding to my knowledge and greater and wider knowledge can only be a good thing!?