PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tower or Enroute
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2009, 20:08
tobzalp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you choose Tower, you potentially could end up in Karatha, Port Headland, Albury, Tamworth and so on. They have removed the pay cap however so you will earn the same as Enroute. With the new D tower rules I am guessing they will be having a fairly large intake to staff the new requirements so I would think tthe most likely spots for you would be the current GAAP places like Bankstown, Archerfield, Morrabbin, Jandakot.

If you choose Enroute you will be off to Brisbane or Melbourne and if the rumours are anythiing to go by it will all be in Melbourne in a number of years. You will most likely start an finish yoour career with the original endorsements that you receive. It is going to be a different place to what it is now with Generic endorsements, centralised rosters and default night shift staffing all further bringing down what was once a good place (different building) to work.

In OZ it is not that it is hard to make the transition to tower it is that it is near on impossible to get released for a job due staff shortages and there are many many applications that go in when they do come up. When a key criteria for any job internally is now 'Corporate Behaviour' it is becoming inccreasingly obvious that the 'Air Traffic Controller' will never win the position over the 'Cock Sucker'.

None of my above has anything to do with the day to day duties of the job however and that is as broad a subject as any.

I would say Tower.