PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cirrus sr22
Thread: cirrus sr22
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2009, 16:19
paulp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure of the terminology, but once that's achieved would one have in effect a mini-Airbus where you could switch AP on after take-off and only re-take manual control below decision height on the approach? Or could you even auto-land
This is where things are headed. If you look at doing an LPV approach with a Gramin 430W/Stec 55X combo there is a lot of back and forth mode switching. Also, the first part of the missed is completely by hand. You don't remove the SUSP until you can go direct to the next waypoint. By contrast, Entegra R9 does all of the mode switching for you. It also understands the initial part of the missed (fly runway heading till at xxxx altitude then...). Currently, other than the glideslope portion, altitude and climb are manually entered. Once the DFC100 digital AP is available I will have vertical navigation i.e. I will be able to enter crossing altitudes into the FMS and have the AP fly them including all approach altitudes. At the moment the approach altitudes show up in the FMS on the waypoints and on the map display but are advisory only due to AP limitations.