PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 19th Nov 2009, 12:41
guitarwillie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OASC

Hi

I am currently in Year 13 at school looking to join the RAF as pilot or Weapon Systems Officer following 6th form. I was informed by people on this forum that I would be able to apply during my Year 13 at school, so I wouldn't be hanging around after 6th form not doing anything during the application process. So I went down to my AFCO and applied, filled the application form in, completed my Ophthalmic form which I have had back from Cranwell and been deemed fit, completed my AFCO station visit and my P2 presentation. I then recieved a letter telling me I had my filter interview today (19th Nov 2009). So I went down after about a month of intense preparation to find that I couldn't do the interview. They said I could only do it when it is 6 months or less to my results day (A level), so I had a 5 minute chat and then that was it. So I can't do my filter before the 19th Feb. So my question is, is it likley I will be able to attend OASC before 6th form ends. I have applied to university and have all my offers now as a back up, but I'd rather attend OASC before 6th form ends so I know where Im going in Setember 2010.

Thanks in advance

Will