PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 19th Nov 2009, 10:32
Cuong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Behavioural Interview

Hi guys
Just had my interview in Sydney for the 2010 intake, among the first to get it done.
Some info that people may find useful, out of about 1300 applicants they cut out 1200 through the psychometric testing and phone interview and are interviewing about 100 people. Was told that I can expect to get an email early next year about making it onto the merit list, and most likely won't get an offer till towards the end of next year.
I've read through all the information in this thread and it has been a major help throughout the application process, so thanks to everyone for sharing that information!
Not too many people have talked about what to expect from the behavioural interview, so might throw in my bit.
First question was informal, give a bit of background information about yourself. From then on the questions all involved things that have happened in your previous experiences, things like stressful situations, matters of safety, working with people you don't like. What they're looking for in the answer (which I was told by Casey AFTER my interview was over) is how you responded to the situations you were involved in from a safety point of view, as in, you did what you could to ensure a positive outcome whatever the situation.
Another forum I found very useful in preparation for the interview is here: FAA | ATC Interview Guide - Air Traffic Control - ATC - Aviation
Although not all those questions were asked, if you prepare good in-depth answers to those questions then you should be all sweet for the interview.