PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Weakest Link?
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2009, 09:22
iceman50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
protectthehornet

I brought up the fact the river was flowing as you obviously cannot relate to the two differences. The fact that the Hudson was flowing created a problem for the rescue of the passengers and crew as well as aircraft recovery! The major damage was done in the rescue operation and preventing the aircraft drifting out to sea.

You are also not comparing similar type of accidents if you say the DC8 was an UNINTENTIONAL ditching.

As for the aviation lexicon NO "flare reserve" was not in my "piloting school" terminology still that was only 40 years ago! You should not get so defensive when you are asked to explain your "terminology", we did not all go to the same school nor in the same country. PPrune is a world wide forum not just your backyard.

The only "flare reserve" I was taught about was on my time on military helo's and you had that at the bottom of an auto-rotation due to the energy in the rotor-head and the energy you imparted to it from the flare, as well as a normal flare. It was never specifically called that on my fixed wing training.

Are you the "old" JONDC9?