PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Pending clearance??
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2009, 06:44
ForkTailedDrKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
On the clearance topic, I do "Request clearance" if OCTA and approaching the Class C step - too often recently have I had to enter a hold to remain OCTA because ATC have not given me a clearance in time
I had an interesting one yesterday!

Details in the system for an IFR flight in the BE35 from Toowoomba direct Redcliffe at A070 (LSA 5100).

Called Centre taxying Toowoomba and was told: XXX, BN Centre, code yyyy, call Amberley Approach zzz.zz on departure for clearance

So I called Amberley Appr on departure with a departure call and a request for a clearance, only to be told: Call Clearance Delivery on ***.** for clearance.

So I called Clearance Delivery with a departure call and a request for a clearance.

Them: XXX, do you intend to decend into Redcliffe OCTA below the control steps

Me: XXX, ahhhh negative (thinking why the **** would I be on an IFR flightplan if I was gonna descend OCTA below the control area steps)

Them: XXX, what's your descent point for Redcliffe?

Me: 30 miles Redcliffe

Them: XXX confirm you wish to track direct Redcliffe across the Brisbane Control Area

Me: XXX, affirmative

Them: XXX, cleared present position direct Redcliffe, seven thousand, call Amberley Approach on zzz.zz now

Sheeezh!

Dr

PS: As it turned out I broke out of the overcast at about 2500' on descent into YRED.