PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cirrus sr22
Thread: cirrus sr22
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2009, 21:01
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I can think of a whole airport where one can't (AFAIK) rent anything with a GNSx30 (a proper IFR installation I mean, with a full working AP etc) but (as Fuji says) one can rent a DA40/42 with a G1000 with minimal VFR training.

Also, I've just been reading some stuff on GPS/AP integration for LPV approaches, and it does get a bit tacky because the GPS has to fake an ILS glideslope for the benefit of the AP, etc. Maybe integrated avionics (with an integrated AP, which means Garmin unless Avidyne get their act together) will be the norm by the time we get them and they are operationally relevant.

421C - I know you are lucky to be based where you can get all such bits sorted while you wait If I was based there, I'd no doubt have different views. But I am out in the sticks, with close to zero local support, yet I like to fly occassional trips to the far corners of avgas availability. And sleep at night. This is possible only by a careful choice of which cowboy's hardware one flies behind. The operational aspects of our respective mission profiles are different