PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA & Iberia to merge
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2009, 09:06
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
...and that there has been a call for the resignation of Roger Maynard, Chairman of the pension Trustees, who was ALSO the person chosen by BA to lead their merger negotiations !!
The implication that Roger Maynard has no integrity. It could also be said that the employee pension trustees are biased in favour of the employees. By its composition the board of trustees is 50% employee elected and 50% BA management nominated.

Having heard the very erudite and effective pilot representative pension trustee (who is also a BALPA rep.) respond to the call for Roger Maynard to resign saying that he has every confidence in the man's honour and integrity then that is good enough for me.

He also went on to point out that there is no obvious replacement and to be careful what we wish for.

It is always so easy to shoot from the hip and make wild accusations which appeal to the uninformed but I for one trust the trustees to do what is right and correct for the fund. I trust the judgement of the pilot trustee who was voted on to the board to represent the interests of the pilots.

Edited for grammar!

Last edited by M.Mouse; 19th Nov 2009 at 09:36.