PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA8754 Madrid > London City diverted to Stansted last night for 'commercial reasons'.
Old 18th Nov 2009, 08:45
davey4444

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA8754 Madrid > London City diverted to Stansted last night for 'commercial reasons'.

Hi there. Yesterday I was on this flight which seemed to confuse most of the passengers and both the cabin crew by being diverted to Stansted for 'commercial reasons'. The cabin crew were incredibly helpful on the very limited information that they had about it all as they were only told about it 10 minutes before us passengers were due to board and really couldn't give any more details. It seems that the pilots were also a bit flustered by it all because they did not make any announcements at all until we were in the air and then it was only a small apology for the change of airport followed by the weather conditions. Does anyone know why this would have happened? How can there be a commercially viable reason for diverting from a scheduled airport to one that doesn't even serve you? As far as I know flights were still landing at City airport as far as I know. Needless to say when we got to Stansted we had to wait a while for the steps to get off and then no one knew just how they'd take us all back to City airport. Poor show BA.