PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Susi Air
Thread: Susi Air
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2009, 07:12
Hudson_Hawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flight hours

Well, Susi is an interesting company. It's the first airline (I probably should not call it an "airline", more like a 135 charter) that has told me, after I applied for a Caravan/Piaggio f/o job, that i had too much flight time for this position. What ?!?! Is this a negative now ?! Has the World gone completely mad ?!...

Hey, I know they are afraid that some pilots may run off to another company with a better pay (McDonald's, for example) but why can't they come up with some sort of bonding scheme ? Like a $10k deposit ? C'mon !...

(So, now I am working on reducing my flight time. Anyone got any ideas ? Will a "white-out" help ? hahaha )

And regarding the Indonesian pilot license conversion - I saw some asked about it in the other "Susi forum". Well, here is the answer: it should take 2 weeks max to get a license validation. You need to sit an air-law exam in Jakarta. There after, it should take no more then 3 weeks to get the actual DGCA CPL/ME/IR license. For this, you need to sit and pass an CPL theory exam in Jakarta and do a CPL/ME/IR check-ride with one of the DGCA examiners (I know 3 of them. Nice guys, by the way). I am a proud owner of one (license, not the examiner )

Last edited by Hudson_Hawk; 18th Nov 2009 at 07:41.