PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cirrus sr22
Thread: cirrus sr22
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2009, 07:03
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paulp

I agree generally but there is a world of difference between the support network in the USA and the one in Europe. Don't even get me started with some very specific examples between how Socata USA has to look after its customers out there, versus over here

I also agree re warranty issues affecting things greatly, and yes one ends up going back to the dealer. Not because one legally must (that would be illegal in Europe) but because a 3rd party maint firm will have "a challenge" extracting money from the factory..... and also won't have the expertise to do much beyond draining the oil. Warranty issues remain a big issue and it is quite normal for in-warranty owners to threaten litigation at least once.

As far as reliability I will put a newer all electric cockpit up against a vacuum pump based system any day.
So would I, but that is a poor example. Most 'modern' pre-glass cockpits are nearly all electric. In my 2002 TB I have just one vac instrument: the main AI (KI-256). I'd get rid of it in a flash, but there is no (legal) means which doesn't have a pile of drawbacks, huge cost, and new complexity (like installing a G500/600 and a substantial backup battery). A dual alternator system has no excuse for not having total redundancy.