PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B747 onboard systems
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2009, 06:07
NSEU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contrary to some previous posts Wing Anti-Ice is inhibited on the ground. It is only available in flight regardless of LE device operation. The only inhibit is air/ground logic.
CV880, KLM (Royal Dutch Airlines) have the leading edge inhibit for WAI (I've just found a wiring schematic for it). I'm sure there are other airlines with this option. LH?

Yes, WAI is inhibited on the ground. There is nothing contrary here. My reference to damaged leading edges were a result of a system failure.

A 747 APU cannot be used in flight for electric power.
As previously stated, there are certain model BCU's which allow this when all IDG's fail. Check the Component Maintenance Manual for the Hamilton Sunstrand BCU's. There might be some clues in there.

The ADP in systems #1 & #4 always operated during gear and TE Flap operation as the EDP could not meet the flow demand on its own.
There is also an option to have the ADP's operate whenever the flaps are not at zero.

2 main batteries in the radio electric bay and 1 in the apu bay. All 3 are the same item and can be interchanged.
Dan, Most of the 744's I've worked on have only 2 Batteries. Are the two in the MEC in parallel for the Main Bat system? Yes, there are lots of options on 744's. I don't doubt it (Seems I'm always having arguments with folk who think there are none).

Rgds.
NSEU