PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Phoebus Apollo
Thread: Phoebus Apollo
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2009, 04:48
fly7408

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry ignatius, the geoff comment was answering your question,

fuzzy larger, must be many people out there that think you are a knob aswell, you just express your opinion were nobody will take you on about it,but who wants to get into a he said, she said debate.

I respect your opinion but let it go dude, must be along time ago.

8 years of consultants hasn't help so i don't think deloittes will, KPMG are the curators and they cant even get the VAT back from SARS for the last 3 years that they were in control, they were bought in by the High Court after SARS filed an application for it. (Go Figure)

All I am getting at is things have changed, the company is different and not everything revolves around a decade ago.

The case was never about "Tax Evasion" infact phoebus paid all the taxes and excise spoken about, SARS just dont want to give the Taxes back on goods exported, they just blanketly denied all claims and then arrested the people.

In South Africa, you are unable to fight a civil case against the state if you have been criminally charged, the case about the cigarette factory was finally heard in august 2009 more than 5 years after the factory was closed and the licence removed, the verdict is still not out after 3 and half months