PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Safety Australia magazine. A plea for plain English language
Old 18th Nov 2009, 03:06
ZEEBEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harley

Put ads in if you have to, though i can see conflict of interest rearing it's ugly head, but go back to a more traditional and improved format , writing and editing style my friends and we will once again have a wothwhile and useful safety product that will stay with pilots through their flying careers and beyond.
Generally good points there Harley, but unfortunately the glitzy graphics are expected these days and any publication without them is now considered "amateurish" (not by me, I hasten to add).
Perhaps it's symptomatic of the modern tendency to favour form over function that is becoming more prevalent day by day.

I do believe that your point about "conflict of interest" re the advertising is worrisome and would welcome more discussion about that.
I don't believe that ANY publication can totally disassociate itself from the dictates of advertisers to whom the publication owes a part of its revenue.