PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - john frohnsdorff elected BALPA General Secretary
Old 19th Jun 2002, 15:17
pom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John F
Congratulations on your election. I was not one of your supporters, but I am happy to respect the democratic result. I am a little concerned by the following post:

BOAC
While the euphoria runs wild, may I re-assure ALL members that BALPA will be in good hands with the deputy, Graham Fowler, looking after 'the shop' while the 'new boss' goes out looking for new stock. I understand a few of the staff at New Road are quite happy with the result too.

I would not accept that popularity with the staff is a realistic criteria for choosing the head of an organisation, but that is not my main point. You made the following statement on another thread:

John Frohnsdorff
I would not be happy myself if BALPA where to be left rudderless; this will not happen. We do have qualified people that will be interested in applying for the GS position; additionally it is the intent to advertise the position to make sure we get the best person for the job. I will fill the position in the interim; please remember I have extensive NEC experience.

Do you intend to fill the position as you stated, or is Graham Fowler going to do so? Presumably, Graham has a job of his own to do.

And while I have the floor, (and not addressed to JF):

crusin level
Taking your word for the fact that JF has been elected:

Do we now have a vote of confidence/re-election for all those reps that backed CD? Most of their names can be found on CD's website

Is this really your interpretation of democracy, crusin level? Of course, it has been tried before, but the Nazi party in Germany and the Communist party in Russia did not stand the test of time. I believe that Zimbabwe still practices this type of philosophy.

Last edited by pom; 19th Jun 2002 at 15:33.