PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter crash off the coast of Newfoundland - 18 aboard, March 2009
Old 17th Nov 2009, 23:57
NonSAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, the S-92A experience has shown that Sikorsky won't argue anything; the strategy appears to be to keep it out of the media by settling quietly with the next of kin.

I can't say I agree with CEFOSKEY. Sikorsky was quite pleased to promote the machine on this very 'rumor' forum when it suited their needs. The in-house cheerleaders should convincingly respond to the skeptics rather down pom-poms and and skulk off muttering about their self-proclaimed status as experts in the industry.

Public criticism following the issues with S-92A is healthy, particularly if it pressures the decision makers in Stratford to deal with the issues properly. Personally, I'd like to see the remaining aircraft upgraded with transmission that includes the 'derived out' safety feature. I'd also like to know if the people who are telling the users that steel stubs on the filter housing are the same ones who previously represented that ti would meet the need.

Excellent thread.