PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Pending clearance??
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2009, 22:54
planemad_bk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FGD135....i think pilots are confusing the call 'reference the VOR/NDB' with the departure report out of a Class D aerodrome on tower frequency. Even then, it is wrong to say 'reference the VOR' etc the correct call is (procedural when notifying departure report to a control tower): DEPARTED (time) TRACKING (track being flown) [B][FROM (reference aid used to establish track)[B] or VIA (SID identifier)] CLIMBING TO (level) ESTIMATING (first reporting point) AT (time).
Also you do NOT say 'departed at TIME zero two', the correct call is 'departed at zero two'.
While i'm on the soap box, can someone tell me if there is an exemption for RPT aircraft to not transmit the full taxi call at a controlled aerodrome? Most if not everyone's call is usually 'XXXX bay 4 with echo request taxi'......when in fact (and nowhere in the Jepps does it say 'unless RPT') the call is [flight number] [aircraft type] [wake turbulence category if "super or heavy"] [POB] RECEIVED (ATIS identification) [SQUAWK (SSR code)] [aircraft location] [flight rules] [TO (aerodrome of destination)] REQUEST TAXI [intentions].