PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight manuals on line & requests
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2009, 17:13
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotary knowledgebase

Following eivissa posting of manuals, It enabled me to further research a project i had been working on. Thanks Julien.

I think a helicopter knowledgebase is overdue - shared information. So many times i myself have been trying to get the answer to something buried deep somewhere in a manual I know i have seen, or engineers are trying to fix something that only one person in some dark corner of the factory can answer. I've always thought we needed a central repository of info where we can quickly search a technical topic to help us through our days of toil. This knowledge base will be searchable online and with a capable smartphone (for those in the back of beyond where things always seem to break).

Using some of the info from Julien, I have started putting together a searchable database. I would very much appreciate any feedback on usefulness (or lack of).

I am working on manufacturer support, as accurate and good quality documentation is what we all want.

So far i have put together some info for the AS350, AW139 and EC135 as examples of what is possible. I really wanted to include an S76 and Bell product as examples as well, but just didn't have quite the quality in docs i felt would justify the products.

I will be working on a simple means for user contribution to User Materials where people can submit their own hard won knowledge for the benefit of all. There is an example in the knowledgebase under AS350, topic - 'Fault Diagnosis' for any that have struggled with AS350 generator issues .

If you want to check out these examples, go to the test site RotorInfo Home and pm me with any feedback. just go to Knowledgebase and select an aircraft from the menu. Then enter a topic and see if its of use.

One word of caution, this site is constantly being updated and if you see something strange, it's probably me doing something with it.

Thanks again to eivissa for his sterling efforts and all those who contributed.