PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cirrus sr22
Thread: cirrus sr22
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2009, 00:51
paulp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IO540 - Interesting thoughts on the interior. It makes sense. Especially older Cirrus aircraft don't like sitting in the sun day after day. Then again, a lot of cars don't like it either. A G1 to G2 interior change was to make the interior trim panels easier to remove from the plane during annual. A lot got broken going in and out of the plane. This was particularly true of fractional operators who have a 100 hour annual requirement. That meant 6 times per year for removal. My wife and I flew through a fractional for 5 years. She finally said she wanted her own plane and to maintain it her way. While I have seen Cirrus aircraft with that worn out look they have all been 1200 hour plus planes in fractionals that sat in Georgia or Florida sun all day.Usually closer to 1800 hours.

Fuji Abound - What I have seen indicates the molds are fine. Some of the finishing work could be improved. As for the doors, I think more recent ones are carbon fiber for weight. Mine fit fine but if passengers shut during run-up it doesn't work due to the propwash bending the door slightly. It is key to get the two latches sync'd and have that checked each year. The adjustment is simple. The Diamonds I have seen seemed a little better on paint shop work but no major difference. As for interior leather, Cirrus now offers a premium leather if you are willing to pay extra.

I bought my plane used because I couldn't afford a new one. Both my wife and I drive 1996 vehicles. I looked at the new Hyundai and it was nice. I offered my wife a new vehicle but she wanted the avionics upgrade instead.