PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cirrus sr22
Thread: cirrus sr22
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2009, 22:04
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is one of the few newish Bonazas I can find:

Beech Bonanza G36 Piston Single Engine: Aircraft for Sale on AvBuyer.com

Compare that with the price of a Cirrus of the same age.

The two aircraft are not comparable.

I am not sure how relevant moulds are. Clearly the door needs to be made accurately to fit correctly but unlike a car there are very few panel joins in an aircraft that are unfilled. I cant think where on a Cirrus or Diamond better tolerances would help other than maybe the door on the Cirrus.

All the panels inside are covered in fabrics one way or another. If good quality materials are used and innovative design which does not rely on too much trim a good interior will result. I dont see too many problems with the interior of the G3 Cirrus - yes better leathers would look better for longer but generally the standard is pretty good. If anything Diamond use materials of lesser quality.

I agree there is no excuse for some of the corrosion I have seen on Diamonds and Cirrus.

As I said earlier cut it as you will who else has survived in this business over the last few years and who else is still producing aircraft. Diamond and Cirrus are far from perfect but they are the only game in town where they sit in the market. If they have it so horribly wrong and Money (or anyone else have it right) it should be easy to take over Mooney and do as good a job - strangely I dont see a line forming.