PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nppl? Safe?
Thread: Nppl? Safe?
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2009, 19:01
David Roberts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"But... the biggest issue is that NPPL Ltd who administer the NPPL licensing and the CAA do not communicate terribly well in my experience. The CAA had no record of my groundshool passes. They accepted I had an NPPL and that I must have passed the exams to get it, but they wouldn't issue the JAR PPL as I couldn't provide evidence of the groundschool passes! Fortunately a very helpful lady at NPPL e-mailed me the scanned copy of my groundschool records which I was able to supply to the CAA and all was well."

The applications for NPPLs (except microlights) are processed by the LAA under the service agrement with NPLG Ltd (not NPPL Ltd, BTW). LAA is one of the three shareholders in NPLG Ltd, along wth the BGA and AOPA. After checking, the LAA retains the records of the relevant paperwork before sending the application to the CAA for issue of the licence. NPLG Ltd therefore does the admin work and record keeping on behalf of the CAA. All records are scanned for storage. I trust it was one of the ladies at the LAA (acting in the name of NPLG Ltd) who helped you out. We try to provide a good service.

Company Secretary, NPLG Ltd (formerly Chairman, 2002-2007)