PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus A320 Contracts
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2009, 15:30
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This pension thing has got you like a rabbit caught in headlights. You cannot think of, or see, anything else. It's nothing. Take out a few experienced pilots on pensions in the UK- there's only a few dozens quietly working on, as is their perfect democratic right, and it makes no bloody difference at all! A few dozens, for a brief few years. Who can say 'no you can't work on- you have to go and leave your place for someone else!'? I suggest we also ban ex-military pension-right gratuity holders too! And those who earned pension rights in previous careers! Get over it- it's nothing to do with you!
.....but the lazy regulators who are ultimately responsible for this fiasco, will eventually be forced to mend their ways..
You believe this? All the recent history indicates the regulators have put their fees up as they have progressively left things to stew as they develop!

As for why I do this- I love my job. I like working. I have no intention of wasting days on golf courses! I am experienced and I like the mental stimulation. I throw the question back- did you go through all that expense and training to live for the day when you can give it up? Why? How are you getting yourself up at 3 am to go to work if you really don't want to do it? So why don't you give it up, turn your talents elsewhere, and let an unemployed pilot into the industry? I suppose your monicker 'ItsAjob' says it all!