PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus A320 Contracts
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2009, 10:42
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well you certainly live up to your name! I don't fly them or go anywhere near them or have anything whatsoever to do with them. I fly elsewhere. You are an example in action of the refusal to recognise reality when it hits you in the face. As virtual government employees, you no doubt assumed the taxpayer would carry your employment costs for life. We have the same problem over here- about 10 million unnecessary government employees. One hopes their jobs will be outsourced too, because there is no way us taxpayers can carry featherbedded employees on wonderful contracts too. Reality has struck in the US, UK and Far East. Jobs have vanished and migrated. You had a wonderful contract, built on sand- the company could not support what larger airlines have done, however strong your unions. Any pretend 'concessions' you offered to the company were a joke. So the company dumped you. It is sad, but, now you must sadly endure what the rest of the industry does. Just like the financial laws that dictated a fine airline like XL should vanish, so it is not me personally changing your comfortable little home, it is high finance, and this is the way it works and is dictating events now. Something some of us can still not quite see.

The Gatwick company is not 'doing this' to you. I gather there was quite a lot of competition from several companies to get this contract. What won it was control of costs. Any one of several companies could be there instead. The important question is: how on earth was it possible to get in that position and still show so little care for the problems of the company? The answer is two 5-letter words- 'union power'. Except it doesn't work forever.

Last edited by Rainboe; 16th Nov 2009 at 10:53.