PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus A320 Contracts
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2009, 09:46
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd hoped a touch of realism would have snuck into this discussion by now. Whatever made AL do what it did, it must have been serious. Those jobs migrated, just like so many others are doing every day now. They are going to go where pay rates are lower if the differential is big enough. So what were they before, because I earn the UK median airline pilots income? I think we in this company have recognised it is better to have a lower paid job than a superbly well paid non-job! How incredibly fortunate they didn't migrate to Warsaw or Bucharest, because that is the next thing to come. At least the jobs are still British Isles-based, and AL has a stab at returning to profit, even if they can only charge a tenner- but then, need I say unless they charge competitive rates against other airlines, they are out of it? I don't know, or care, what the long term plans for AL are. The point is that companies have the right to employ elsewhere, and this they have done, just like Twinings Tea sending jobs to Poland, BMW sending car production to South Africa, Sony being build anywhere but Japan, Cessnas being built in Shenyang......open your eyes- it's happening all over the world, and it's easier than ever, so you have your head in the clouds if you think a powerful union alone can save your overpaid job. Who do you think you are- a Banker?

Said before, my personal financial affairs are of no concern to anybody else, just like a pilot who wins lottery or makes a killing doesn't have to justify his continued employment, if that is what he wants.