PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cirrus sr22
Thread: cirrus sr22
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2009, 09:06
007helicopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All in all I think Fuji and Paulp sum it up much better than I attempted, as a part owner all I can say it has revitalised my personal interest in fixed wing flying and I can not see my self changing soon.

In the last few days I have flown Diamond DA40 and a DA42 twin for a few hours and I think they are also nice planes, in fact the DA40 was much better than I expected.

The Cirrus can really get you places fast and comfortably (we made Jordan quite easily in 2 days last week with 2 fuel stops) andI can not imagine it being quite so comfortable or achievable in any other GA aircraft that I am aware of.

And as Fuji says if you were buying knew I do not see any other viable competition.

Regarding Sterones claim about Alan K making a ridiculous offer to buy the Jet, is that your assumption or do you have any knowledge of what the offer was? he seemed pretty serious and to have a huge ammount of goodwill from the existing deposit holders. I dont think this story has fully played out yet.

The jet is a potential problem for Cirrus and I am sure if they could turn the clock back they would have not started and stuck to the SR existing line, but testament to the existing business model they are still in business and sold more planes in category than everyone else added up so far this year, so if it was just down to clever marketing I think the other guys better get new agencies.