PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - best flying school to enroll in the philippines
Old 16th Nov 2009, 05:21
abacada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions: Your Opinions and Advice

Hi everyone! I wish to take a career in aviation. though there are some questions that keep bugging my mind... same as onedelacruz' questions, i have the same questions as well...

GETTING A JOB AFTER AV SCHOOL

1) How competitive is it to get a job after av school?

2) Are there enough opportunities in the market that would take in fresh grads (so that they can build time)? What is the best way to rack up flight time quickly?

3) Are there anyone who ended up unemployed after finishing av school? What are their options and where are they?

4) What would be the average time for a fresh av school grad to make it to the airlines? More or less, how much would one be able to shell out (financially) before making it to the airline?

5) Cost-Benefit wise, do you think the return on investment (ROI) of this career is good?

ABOUT PAL AVIATION SCHOOL

1) What are the advantages of getting into pal av school versus other aviation schools in terms of making it to the airlines (PAL, CEBPAC, etc)?

2) How competitive is it to get into pal av and is it true that you need to have a backer (or know someone inside) in order to get accepted?

3) What are my chances of getting into the airlines if I'm not from pal av? Anyone you know of who made it to the airlines who didn't come from PAL Av school?

4) Aside from PAL av school, what other av schools have produced the most number of graduates who made it to the airlines in the Philippines and abroad?

RP's PILOT MARKET

1) How's the current employment opportunities in our aviation market for experienced pilots? Are pilots in-demand nowadays?

2) How's the current rate of pinoy pilots moving to foreign carriers (QR, EK, EY etc)? How often do we lose pilots to foreign airlines?

YOUR OPINIONS AND ADVICE

1) Would you consider being a pilot a lucrative career? Why?

2) What are the ups and downs of this career?

3) What's your take on our local employers? Are they good employers?

4) Would you recommend taking this career path to those who aspire to be one?

5) Any advice to aspiring pilots?

Anyone can answer my questions...

I wish to be enlightened about this career and I'm in dire need of some advice from you guys... Unfortunately, I know no one from the aviation industry and your answers / inputs will be my helpful guide..

Thank you very much!

Last edited by abacada; 16th Nov 2009 at 06:15. Reason: removed / edited some questions