PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Demise of Hong Kong Airlines
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2009, 03:35
intelligentpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a email from a guy asking questions about the 330 and I thought I would share the information I have been given by people in the know, to help you all make a good decision.
Good Day Sir

my name is ******. I am from ********* Airlines
Recently the CCO Ronald come to ********* to give us a talk about joining. We were promise command opportunity in 1 yr min.. and he say new 330 will be coming to hkg in march and first flight will be to moscow.

the pay gross is pretty good with about USD9000 per month for fo taking 75 hrs per month flying hours...

tax is about 15% and gratiuty of 15% too.

according to him .. they r kicking off the 330 sim trg for the Capt in Dec...in beijing...

and yeah.... 1 yr training bond... and its free rating for 330...

all wat he say seems pretty good. So a group of use was tinking of going over to try.Do u hve an advice?....

can u pls kindly help...

thank u so much for ur time..

Name withheld
My reply to him....
· A330 has been DELAYED until after August 2010.

· They DO NOT PAY PROMISED GRATUITY. It was in Old contract and they just removed it so pilots do not get it. It has yet to be re-introduced. If they do re-introduce the 3 year gratuity, expect to do 2 years and 11 months then they decide not pay you, or sack you. They did this last time, and under Hong Kong law they got away with it when the pilots tried to sue them.

· Word around the office is the pay will be 7500 USD (including all salary + flight pay) for first officer MAXIMUM. Captains 8800 including all flight pay and salary. Try bringing your family to Hong Kong for that.

· Just remember this company has a history of promising one thing, and after you arrive they change the deal. They have done this several times.

· If you come here to HKA you will be welcomed by the flight crew who are very friendly, but the management have still not re-earnt the lost trust. Be careful of them. Especially the ones that are in charge of this A330 thing and the one that came to see you.

· I would stay there if I was you, as most pilots at HKA are looking to get other jobs. This should sound warning bells for you.

One more thing to consider... There are many first officers in the company some with THOUSANDS of jet hours in 747, 737 and even airbus etc, and they were promised commands after 6 months to a year. Some previously worked for Cathay Pacific, Dragonair, or Oasis. Well 2 or 4 years after they joined they are still F/Os. Do you trust them to honor this command in 1 year promise????

· Do you really trust them to give you free endorsement and 1 year bond? Or will they change the deal after you resigned from you current job and moved your entire life to Hong Kong???

good luck.

Tell your friends this info who are considering going there. Need to spread the word out there that the managers can not be trusted. Sorry to tell you the bad news.