PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Matthew's Report into OZ Defence Pensions Side-Lined
Old 15th Nov 2009, 23:34
herkman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The previous advice given in this forum is very valid, and to disregard it by any member is paramount of the kiss of death to any member who thinks otherwise.
In 1961 I was serving with 5ACS in Darwin ( I was at that time a LAC) when a burst came around to every member on the base about the then current DFRB system, which was sadly lacking. The submission was made by the base commander, a very long serving member, Group Captain Dixie Chapman. He also called a parade and indicated that by speaking up about how poor the then DFRB system was, he had no doubt that his career was finished.

One must consider that it was just as unsavoury then as it would be today, except I suspect that the aces in the nerve centre in Canberra would by now be even more touchy about the matter.

Dixie was shoved out of the RAAF on medical grounds and not so long ago passed away.

Was saddened to see recently his medals for sale on E Bay, hope it did not mean that his lady was battling to make ends meet.

The Krudds of the world when in the spotlight, say all the right things but as for action for a fair go, that is another story.

Those who are thinking of stirring the stew, need to clearly understand that this government is no different to any previous, as far a defense staff are concerned.

Regards

Col