PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cirrus sr22
Thread: cirrus sr22
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2009, 22:27
scooter boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the decider...

I have to apologise to the majority of Cirrus lover out there (who keep buying and flying these aircraft), but like Sternone I just don't get the Cirrus thing - I fear it is completely lost on both of us.

IMHO the worst thing any manufacturer can do to their client base is constantly revise and rebrand their product line. This instantly devalues the last few marques the second the new label is announced.

BTW I sold my 5 year old Mooney Ovation 2 GX privately last month with 550h TT. It had depreciated by only 23% since new. The Mooney is definitely a niche machine with a small niche market of "cognoscenti" owner/pilots. Each of the prospective buyers knew what they were looking for, mainly TKS deiced IFR capability with stunning range and performance. One had flown a Mooney around the world a decade previously.

I would predict that Cirrus will continue to dominate the market for light singles. So long as they reinvest so much of their turnover in glitzy marketing then there is no question that they will keep sales going.

SB