PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cirrus sr22
Thread: cirrus sr22
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2009, 17:32
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paulp
This is not as flexible as having a separate prop control. In typical cruise flight there is no decrease in fuel economy relative to having a separate prop control.
Not correct. There is a big difference between 2200 and 2500 and especially 2700.
All you have to do is look at efficiency.
Indeed

With fixed gear my SR22 has about the same fuel efficiency as my friend's V35B Bonanza.
Which is virtually a WW2 design, and is this a LOP v. LOP comparison, at the same IAS?

Considering that I have a roomier cabin and gear hanging down that is pretty good.
Yes, a good bit of marketing

Based on my tests I would bet on a 10% minimum range difference between 2200 and 2500. But nobody can verify this because at 2200 the SR22 won't be going anywhere.

A good bit of marketing. One can't argue with that. I won't even say that Cirrus were wrong to do this. After all, an SR22 (or my TB20 will go further than some turboprops or light jets, and their manufacturers can't all be stupid (can they?).

But it is a poor technical solution - on a plane whose mission capability would benefit significantly.